Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm grateful they called me on a mission

I had a moment today.

My sister was married in December in the temple in Salt Lake City. Yes, it was a big event. No, I wasn't able to go.

She was sweet enough to send me pictures of the reception and everyone there and for the past couple of days I have been spending much of my time looking at them over and over again, remembering so many people that I haven't seen in so long and wondering what they are up to and, for the younger ones, wondering when in the world they got so tall!

It was and sometimes still is hard for me to know that I wasn't there to tell my sister how beautiful she looked or how much I love her or how proud I am for her to live her life to be worthy to make and keep covenants with Heavenly Father.

So why don't I go home to be with my family? Why do I stay here and have those really hard days and so many rules to keep? Why do I get up at 6:30am every morning and go out and teach ALL day when I am tired and not watch television or read fun books or wear pants or go to the movies? WHY do I keep doing something so hard?!

Well dear friends, I need to be here. Not just to give up hard things and learn to go without and grow up or anything like that. Those are just side benefits. I am here, serving the one true God Almighty because people need to know. They need to know their Father and their Savior on a personal level and come to know for themselves of Their truth and divinity. Not only that, but their church has been restored! It's here! It's not just "the most doctrinally correct organization," it's not just "the happiest people on earth," it's not just "a good church doing good things with good people." The world needs to know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints  is God's church complete. We believe in the Bible, we believe in Prophets past and continuing, we believe in angels, personal revelation, creating an eternal family, making promises with God, continued revelation! Isn't that wonderful?!


So why are missionaries faced with hard things? Let's hear what an apostle has to say.

 

So, my dear friends, if the Savior could do it, if He could share the gospel in spite of all His sufferings and persecutions, and STILL be the one perfect Being to ever live on this earth, so can we. What we are asked to do does not compare to what was given of Him. Take courage, and share a spiritual moment with a friend.


Have an action-packed day!
-Sister Franson

2 comments:

  1. Sister Franson this is great! You are such an incredible example to your family. I'm so grateful to be your friend. You have done amazing things on your mission. Way to reel in the miracles! I know your family is proud of you and loves you.

    ReplyDelete