Friday, August 17, 2012

Flashback #13: Your Gift From God

I have no idea when I wrote this post or where I was serving, but it's short, and still kind of ties into what I want to share with you today.

I know that in prayer, we are not asked to speak "vain repetitions", but one thing that I always pray for is that we can listen, be receptive, and have the courage to act upon what God is trying to teach us.

Some people have this perception that anger, sarcasm,...

(finishing this thought today, August 17, 2012)... or other negative behaviors show that someone has authority or intelligence. There are people in the media all over who criticize, yell about, and put down other people and their ideas, and many other people feed into that anger and as a result... well, without me going into detail, suffice it to say that it is just ugly.

I guess that I am choosing to post this today because even as a missionary, I've been seeing so many things that are negative and put down others, and I suppose that I wish that more people would remember who they are, and remember this simple gift that God has blessed them with:

"For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God." Moroni chapter 7 verse 16

So, dear friends, after God has given us so great a gift to know good, should we not use it? Should we not merely acknowledge that we have that gift and that power, and actually seek to post and say good things, and eliminate the negative?

Heavenly Father doesn't give us spiritual gifts so we can throw them by the wayside. My invitation to you is to re-evaluate if you need to the things you have said or re-posted or re-pinned or whatever you may have said about someone. Feed the positive thoughts, and clear away the negative. The purpose for our Savior is so that we can one day be made pure. Isn't that our goal? I think that now is the best time to start practicing.

My dear friends, as always,
Have an action-packed day!
Love, Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment