Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flashback #9: Children

I wrote this GREAT post on June 28, 2011!!

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God." Romans 8:16 

And that was all. Pretty profound, huh? We are all children of God! I love it!

Speaking of children though.... We teach them lots of different things they need to know in this big world we live in. Heavenly Father has also given us tools that will help us along the way. We need to make sure that our young people know that we can always turn to the scriptures, prayer, gospel study, and finding strength in going to church and so many other things.


I was impressed one time when I was visiting a family. They invited us to sit in their evening family prayer, and their son, five years old, gave a very articulated prayer, and I remember him praying for everyone, and also praying that he would get along with his brother. He also prayed that Heavenly Father would forgive us of all the bad things we do. I honestly was surprised at the humility of his prayer. I sometimes find that my own prayers aren't as sincere as that young boy's.

As many of you know, often it is in this process of trying to teach children, or maybe we aren't even trying anything at all, that WE can learn from THEM. So, dear friends and family, what are some gems that you have learned from children over the years?

Have an action-packed day!
-Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment