Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Flashback #18: One of my Favorite Things

October 29, 2011. Almost a year ago. I can hardly believe it!

And now, to you, my few but still much appreciated and blessed faithful blog readers. I am going to ask you to do something hard. Make it purposefully hard, not so you can have the same experience that I did, but so you can see how the Savior can cater your experience for you.

Think of something you want to change about yourself. You get to choose. Be sure that it is measurable and attainable otherwise it may not work. And why do you want to change it? I don't know- it's yours. The Lord knows though. Make it a team project between you and Him.

I do love repentance! I think it is easy to forget that repentance and the atonement is not only to wash away sin, but to become a better Christlike person, and for that matter, help us to achieve anything that is good! I love it! I have had goals on my mission that I have set, and I have prayed for. I know it is because of Christ that they have happened. One of my goals was to strive to be a more outwardly happy person. I still am trying to work on that, but I had a friend last week that said to me, "You always look so happy!" And it means a lot to me because it's something I want to improve. Maybe you have a goal to eat more healthy or read your scriptures more often or give up an old bad habit- that's hard! Christ will help. If you truly believe that, put it to the test. Pay the price, put in the time. There is no better time to start than now! The sooner you feel the power of the atonement, the sooner you can feel that burden lifted.

Have an action-packed day!
Love, Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment