Thursday, September 1, 2011

D&C 87:8

The gospel is like... the gospel... is like....

A pair of shoes!!!

No, really. in alot of ways, it kind of is. For example, when I was home, I had a favorite pair of shoes that I wore every day. I wore them all the time at school, to work, out on dates, and all I had to do was brush them off from every once in a while. It was like wearing an extra pair of feet. They were perfect! And no matter how old they were, I always got comments on how cute they were!

Sadly, as the life of a shoe is, my favorite shoes began to wear out. They were at the point where they had almost no sole left, just the piece of shoe canvas holding them all together. But I loved these shoes. They had taken me everywhere, to the happy places and sometimes the sad. In a way, it's this pair of shoes that define part of my Sister Fransonality.

Dear friends, we are part of the Savior's life. He died for us so we could return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father. Sometimes we might feel like the shoe, trodden down, and sometimes 'soul'less. But the Savior didn't die just so everyone can return to Heaven. He died so YOU could return to Heaven. He loves you so much, and even if we don't always see our value, the Savior does, and He's just telling us to hold on,  just a few moments longer, and we can be so much better. He's waiting for that moment to restore us, and to also have us see our value. In a small way, it is like the story of the currant bush.

Don't underestimate your value. Serve your purpose to the Lord, and do all that you can.

"Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."

Have an action packed day!

Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment