Saturday, September 17, 2011

Something Good, Round 2

So, a while ago, I asked what it means to be blessed. Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing how the Lord communicates with each of us in a very personal way. I've been thinking about that question again lately, about what blessed really means. And, strangely enough, part of a song from the Sound of Music comes to mind: 


"Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could, so somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good."* 

To me, a blessing is simply something good. When the Lord gives us those "somethings", it's receiving a blessing. To go even further, something good is something that we want in our lives, something we accept, something that makes us happy, something we are grateful for, something that makes us better children of our Heavenly Father. We can obtain those good things when we do other good things- that's how it works!

So, I ask you again, look around your life, and find those blessings, those something good's in your life, and you will see how much the Lord has given you.

Have an action-packed day!

Sister Franson

*("Something Good" from the Sound of Music).

No comments:

Post a Comment