Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gallatin, Ho!

As of Tuesday afternoon, I am no longer serving on the south side of Nashville, but in Gallatin with Sister Anderson. That morning went smoothly... except for the ridiculous amounts of rain wherever we were. I have no idea why I even tried to do my hair at all...

One kind member from our ward picked up Sister Valentine, Sister Barnes, and myself to go to the church where we would meet and go our separate ways with our new companions. I love this sister so much! She even took us to a gourmet cupcake shop where we picked one for each of us, one for our new companion, and two for President and Sister McKee. She is so kind, and she also told us some excellent stories on the way to the church!
  We get to the church and a little while later I found Sister Anderson! I was so excited and I gave her a big hug. I am feeling ready and anxious to serve the people in Gallatin. I have heard so many good things about the area and the members that live there. I admit that I am a little sad to go, but I know that this calling I have is of the Lord and this is where He wants me to be. Another member from Gallatin drove Sister Anderson and me back to Gallatin where we got busy right away. Sister Anderson is so great to tell me all about everyone that they have been teaching and about where we will be working together for the next six weeks. The first family we visited I just fell in love with. They are not members of our church, but they are so kind hearted and Christian and I am excited to look for them on Sunday.
  We then did some basic grocery shopping during our dinner hour and then off to visit more people! It definitely is different than where I was before, but great things are going to happen here! There is so much work that we can do together, and so many opportunities we have for the Lord to bless us and His people. I cannot wait to go deeper and deeper into the work. So a new adventure begins!

Have an action-packed day!

-Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment