Thursday, October 20, 2011

October 20, 2011

Today is one of those days when certain sister missionaries have a scheduled appointment... and no one is home. They go to their back-up appointment, and no one is home. Then they make some phone calls to confirm more appointments in the week. Sometimes the people answer!! Yay! Then they go to your next appointment for the day, and no one is home. They go to your back up for that, and find it's a really creepy house, but knock anyway. No one is home. Then they go and talk to an apartment manager lady about a vacancy because they're looking for a safer place for them and future missionaries to live. Then they make a phone call. And then... they pull into the grocery store parking lot, heave a big sigh, both look at each other and say something like, "Now what?". They gather their thoughts and ideas and try to be productive. Onward and upward they go! Trying to find energy and enthusiasm. Creepy machine phone message received and quickly ignored. Then it is time for internet missionary-izing!

One of these certain sister missionaries is actually in the process of making her own mormon.org profile. I really do want to make a difference on here! I get so excited when I check my blog stats and see that someone read my page! Or at least saw it for five seconds at minimum. A sister missionary can dream....

Part of my reason for coming on a mission is because I want to make a difference in someone's life. I want to help them remember who they are: a child of Heavenly Father. Days like this make me wonder if I am doing the best I can on the Lord's time. My companion and I did well teaching together yesterday, and we felt that the things we had planned for today were right. Maybe, just maybe, the Lord is preparing each of us for something else. Maybe He is preparing us to do something we have no foresight to yet.

Today is one of those days when a certain sister missionary tries to do more than just say it's going to be a good day and show her teeth.  Today is one of those days when she really wants to see what the Lord has in store for her, then go and share the good news with the world.

Have an action-packed day!
-Sister Franson

1 comment:

  1. There isn't a check box to express my feelings so I'm going to create my own..
    "Y-E-S"

    ReplyDelete