Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Flashback #3: Fetchin' Fro


From July 8, 2011

Fetchin' Fro

Yep. This is my younger brother, K.C. It is his birthday today and he turns the grand age of SEVENTEEEEENNN!!! >sniff sniff< So proud of you!

So yes. This was a draft of a post that I was going to do about my brother KC. He has fuzzy hair. He's great! And he is going to be 18 this summer. Holy cow... I remember him chasing me and my sisters around and playing outside in the snowdrifts when we were younger. I've got to be honest, sometimes I do miss my family. When I go home from my mission it won't be long before KC could leave on his. Time goes by fast! I can honestly say that. So, today I am going to do something a little different. KC, this post is just for you!

I was realizing earlier this week that I am going to be missing your high school graduation soon. Mom has sent me pictures about all of the exciting things you are doing and tells me what you are involved in at school. I love that you always work hard and do well at whatever it is you decide to do! And I love that you are involved with lots of different things. I don't think you'll ever regret that.

I hope that you decide to go on a mission. It's a big choice, and I will be right there to tell you how hard it is. But I will also be right there to tell you how much fun it can be too. I have had the chance to meet people I never would have before. Sometimes when I am in their home I get the chance to step into their shoes, and then in some other ways step into the Lord's and feel how much love he has for them. It's incredible, and I don't know if I have ever understood or felt that until I came on my own mission.

Something else that is so much fun about being a missionary is that you can actually see how much people look up to you. You already have so many friends and family and people around you that do, and on a mission you will see how all of the little kids will run up to you in church to give you their best missionary handshake and how when you visit their home, they will color their own name tags like the one you have so they can be like "Elder Franson" (sometimes I even feel famous!). When you learn to work with your companions, you will make some of your best friends as you are singing to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir at the top of your lungs. Just picture two 20 year old guys doing that, and I know you have a great opera voice! Haha. You will also learn how to rely on Heavenly Father and you will learn how to listen to what He specifically has to say to you. You will also see many miracles on your mission- people that are healed after receiving a blessing, people who have a desire to completely change their lives after years of neglecting God, and you will be able to see miracles in yourself. I have never felt as lucky at any other time in my life than I have on my mission. Sometimes it's hard for me to think about going home because I want to keep changing, keep serving, and know that I am staying on the Lord's team when I go and find people. There are few things better than knowing and feeling when a family is receiving you and what the Lord has you teach them.

So little brother, I hope you know that I love you! And so does Heavenly Father. I hope you take this chance to go!

Have an action-packed golfing, working, and going to school kinda day!
-Sister Franson


No comments:

Post a Comment