Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Flashback #2

I've decided to call this my Flashback series! Post # 2 unpublished from July 5, 2011.

Sheep

Today is one of those days that as a missionary, I feel like Alma when he said, "O that I were an angel,... I would declare unto every soul that they should...come unto our God that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth" (Alma 29:1-2). Learning from Alma, I see that he is right and that I should be content with the blessings and abilities and talents that the Lord has given to me. I have come to care so much about the people that Sister Valentine and I are teaching, and I wish so much that they could more fully understand what the gospel is. It's not just a church, it is THE true church of Jesus Christ.

So I guess here I was just drafting. I did some posts about sheep after that! I have no idea whatsoever I about how I was going to tie this scripture in with sheep... but from this scripture, I want to share what else Alma said after his great wish to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and call many to repentance.

"But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
I ought not to harrow up in my desires, the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction." Alma 29:3-4

And I know this principle to be true. I am a lucky girl. The Lord loves me and I've been lucky to see him answer my prayers. Always it is on the Lord's time, and in a way that isn't always expected. I don't know if Alma could really know how many millions of people he was calling to repentance, how many lives he would change simply from his life and testimony recorded in the Book of Mormon. All of this over two thousand years after his life. So, dear friends, if you're desiring something of the Lord, if you're waiting for an answer to a prayer, listen for the Lord's love, and you will see your prayer answered. God keeps His promises.

Have an action-packed day!
Sister Franson 

No comments:

Post a Comment