Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Flashback#4: Where I Stand

From August 2011 

"My dear friends, I have been thinking a lot about shoes lately, and when I think about shoes, I think about this:

When I was home, I had a favorite pair of shoes that I wore every day. I wore them all the time at school, to work, out on dates, and all I had to do was brush them off from every once in a while. It was like wearing an extra pair of feet. They were perfect! And no matter how old they were, I always got comments on how cute they were!

There were times when I looked at my shoes and thought, "Sister Franson, you probably should throw them away. They have holes in them. There's hardly anything holding them together." But I simply couldn't do it.

I did however, come to my senses and realize that I should get a new pair of shoes. But I didn't want any pair of shoes, I wanted my shoes. Ask my mother, I waited. And I searched. And I waited until I could find my shoes.

Then one day, yes, the one day came when I FOUND THEM!!!

I was super excited! I kept them in their box, nice and neat, special and ready to wear just for my mission.

I think about these shoes from time to time..."



"Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."

 
So here I am thinking about shoes. From that point until today, do I stand any differently? Do I stand any taller? Have I taken the steps forward that I need to in order to return to Heavenly Father? Can I say that in some ways I walked where the Savior did? 

As for finding my new pair of shoes... I do feel like I have reached a point in my life that I need new shoes. Literally. The new shoes shown here are just as worn out as their predecessors. But I still love them and wear them. Spiritually: when I work and walk until I can no more, that's when the Savior and His atonement steps in and gives me a new pair of shoes. Another clean slate and new life so to speak to love and take care of, but I make sure that I use them. And I know that He loves to do that. He paid the price for us to have as many new shoes as we want!

So, I just have to make sure that I am standing in the right place. 

Have an action-packed day!
Sister Franson

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when my favorite shoes wear out, too!
    --Tiffany

    ReplyDelete