Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flashback #7: Patience Pie

From June 30, 2011

When I decided to come on my mission, one thing I heard over and over again is that missions are hard. To be honest, I feel so incredibly lucky; on my first night in the mission field I went to a baseball game, I was sent to one of the best areas in the entire mission, and I've had some incredible experiences with the people we teach. I really can go on and on counting my blessings. Today, though, was a little bit harder.

... And I thought that I had a hard mission day then! Wow! Ten months and many many hard days later, I can still say that patience is something that I am continually learning!

Dear friends, I am approaching my year mark. Quickly. Which means that I only have six months after that until I am flying home to Idaho. I can hardly believe that! I'm asking myself what I've accomplished and learned on my mission and what else it is that I want to master before I go home. I do not know what the Lord has in plan to teach me, but I will do the best with what I am given!

So what have I learned about patience? It isn't just waiting. It includes learning to love while you wait. We can use it in everything. Patience for me means that I need to SLOW DOWN and LISTEN to what others are saying, and most importantly, what the Spirit is saying. It includes having a positive attitude! Thinking the best of people! Realizing that we are all doing the best we can muster, even if some peoples' faults are more obvious to us than our faults are to ourselves. It includes having the spirit of adventure! If something doesn't go quite right, learn to enjoy it, and create a story for the future! It means organizing my thoughts and living in the present, and not worry about something if I am not in the right place to take care of it. Most importantly, it means having full faith and trust in the Lord that everything will be okay. In fact, life will be more than okay, it will be wonderful! It includes remembering that Heavenly Father does not make mistakes.

So, dear friends, have some patience pie today. It's delicious and refreshing. Made with the love of God and the healing and enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ. Sprinkled with peace of mind on top and served with prayer. 

Have a patience-packed day!
Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment