Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Testimony

... can I just say something today??

 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's true church on the earth. It has the fullness of the gospel. Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in 1820 in Palmyra, New York. Through the power and care of God, he RESTORED the true gospel and with it also organized the dispensation of the fullness of times. As the prophet of God, Joseph Smith also translated the Book of Mormon, which book I also testify is true. It contains that full gospel, restoring and bringing to light many truths that have been confused, twisted, or in some case lost through the many translations of the Bible. I reiterate the promise that a man can get closer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. 
 I also know that the aforementioned restored church is still alive and guided by a living prophet. His name is Thomas S. Monson. When we heed his counsel and also the teachings of the living apostles, we are heeding the counsel of the Living God. These men cannot and will not lead us astray. 
  Most importantly, I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I know that He lived His mortal life in Bethlehem, Egypt, Nazareth, Galilee, Jerusalem, and in all other places that are witnessed and testified of in the Bible. His miracles were and are of the greatest divine influence. One of our greatest purposes and honors is to strive to live as He did and walk as He would walk. I testify that nothing is impossible, no task to great, no trial too difficult, no pain, no fight, nor any other earthly trial in this mortal existence impossible for a man when God is on his side. I testify that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. He suffered for us in Gethsemane, He died as part of the Plan established by His Father. Were He not to die in the circumstances that He did, the Plan would not be perfect. More important than His death is His resurrection on the third day, and as a special testimony and full-time servant of the Lord, I know that He lives today. I have seen His hand and influence in the lives of so many people. Were it not for Him, this church would flounder. I know that because this is His church, sanctified by Him that it is growing as others are coming to a knowledge of the truth. I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I know that He listens to prayers, and I am so grateful to know that He also answers those prayers according to our faith and also according to His great power and purposes. 
 My dear friends, and my many hopeful readers, I promise you that these things are true. Every word. I invite you, that if you question this testimony, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon, attend church services, meet the involved members, study the scriptures, meet the missionaries, ask questions, and most importantly, pray with all of your spirit to know these things as well. I know that you will be answered, and you can feel the overwhelming and incredible love from your Father in Heaven, as I have. I please pray that you do. And, if you have come to this knowledge, be not afraid to share this message with those you love. We need everyone to be there, hand in hand, as the Savior welcomes us back into His presence. 
Of this I testify in the sacred name of your Savior and mine, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment