Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Because I Have Been Given Much

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
   Matthew 4:4

Sister Valentine and I have the most wonderful opportunities to meet so many people. It's comes with the tag. Last night there was a family that really touched my heart.
They don't have much, but they do know God and they want to find a way to make their lives better. Living paycheck to paycheck, and miracle to miracle they seem to get by. This family is so ready to have the true gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. We went and visited them last night. We weren't expecting to stay long, but it was definitely one of the best visits that we had with them. We had a wonderful lesson on miracles.

 It seemed like it was such a short time before Sister Valentine and I had to go home for curfew. Before we left though, this family walked into their kitchen and insisted on giving us rolls, chips, and water, and not any small amount of each. They continued to offer us anything else, but Sister Valentine and I knew that if they could, they would give us everything they had, and our bags and hands were already full.

 I became a little emotional in their home, which is something that I do not often do. It wasn't the fact that we were grateful because we had not much of our own, but I was so impressed by their giving hearts when I know they have so few things of this world they can share, but in things of the Lord, they have so much. I don't think I'll ever forget that experience.

  "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John4:14

  May the Lord continue to bless your life.
                                           -Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment