Thursday, August 25, 2011

Grace

"For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." ~Alma 34:32

 When I was in the MTC, I was putting a lot of pressure on myself trying to make sure that I had a solid and firm testimony of what I was about to teach. I had the opportunity to talk to one of my teachers about it, and she didn't say too much, but she did tell me that it might be helpful to look in the bible dictionary about grace.

I was super confused. It didn't seem like it related to what I had talked to her about at all. I read the section, thought it was nice and marked a few things, and that was all.


Then I thought about it more.


Have you ever had one of those days when you    just can't take it?! You've done it all, you've tried everything you know to do? Well, that's what grace is for. When the Savior gave His life, He did not eliminate personal responsibility (PMG 52), but instead made it possibly for us to feel comfort, for us to feel joy, for us to feel love.

The life the Savior gave was not free. We still need to pay all that we can. Faith is the first step. Repentance is part of that. Our works are part of that. "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" (2 Nephi 25:23).

The most important time we have to feel the Savior's love is right now. Dear friends, do all you can, and show the Lord that you love Him. You will never regret following the will of the Lord.

Have an action-packed day!

Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment