Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Something Good

Sometimes... sister missionaries start blog posts and don't finish them. For example, this was written over a month ago:

   "Isn't it interesting that when the Lord wants us to learn something, alot of that something is placed in our path? Lately, repentance has been my favorite thing. It's so wonderful! I'm kind of sad that it has a less than desirable reputation. Usually repentance means you have committed a sin, done something wrong, etc., and need to fix it. It's true; repentance can mean fixing something like that, but there is so much more! This strange fixation of mine has been in the works for a very long time. Last week it all came to a changing point, a climax if you will, at district meeting. I don't know if the elder who put this together realizes that not only did this change my mission, but it is changing my life. Now, I may have to go on what seems like a few tangents, but it all comes back to this, I promise."

And it goes on. I didn't publish this post because once I was typing and reviewing, I found that what I wanted to share with everyone was so deeply personal and sacred to me that I didn't want everyone reading it. Strange as it may sound, by typing out my thoughts and ideas about that day I was able to receive some personal guidance from Heavenly Father.

Today I have been filtering through blog posts that I never finished or just flat out didn't post. And some of them I think are actually some good starters for other blog post ideas. The idea from this post I am going to use in slightly different light, maybe more audience friendly. Just to warn you though, I didn't say that it's going to be peaches and cream.

FORGIVENESS

Dear friends and family and others,

 I am sorry to burst your bubble, but missionaries are not perfect people. We do have a perfect calling to work for a perfect God sharing a perfect gospel, but there are things in even our lives that can use some improvement. That is why repentance, or simply changing our lives to become more like Heavenly Father, is so vital to who we are as His children. I still have mistakes, I still have regrets, some from before the mission, some even now that I am striving to improve upon. Some mistakes I have made once and only need to fix once. I do admit that some mistakes I have made over and over and over again, in spite of feeling that motivation and fire to be better.



Have you ever felt this way?



I wouldn't like to think that I'm alone in this category. Is it easy to talk about? No. Is it something that anybody likes to talk about? Not particularly.

So, my dear friends, my challenge for you today is twofold. The first, find something that you want to aspire to be and begin to repent towards being that. Second, be kind in your opinions and judgements of others. They're probably trying to change just as much as you are.

Have a repentance-packed day.

Sister Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment